Effective Date: December 1, 2022
Last Updated: November 1, 2023
What Personal Data does Terakeet Collect?
We collect Personal Data about you from:
- when you provide such information directly to us, and
- when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Service.
- Third parties, both when they provide us with Personal Data about you and when we seek out information for internet and social-media profiles (“Profiles”), as discussed below (“Third Parties”). Third Parties that share your Personal Data with us include:
- Service providers. For example, we use analytics service providers (such as Google Analytics) to analyze how you interact and engage with the Service, or third parties may help us provide you with customer support.
- Other networks connected to the Service. If you provide any third-party account credentials to us or otherwise sign in to the Service through a third-party site or service (for example, using LinkedIn, Salesforce, Twitter, Facebook, or Google), you understand some content and/or information in those accounts may be transmitted to us.
|Category of Personal Data||Examples||What is the source of this personal data?|
|A||Personal Identifiers||Name, email, phone number, IP address, username||You|
|B||Internet or other similar network activity information||Website & application usage, interaction w/ advertisement, browser/platform/device used, search history||You|
|C||Geolocation data||IP address, location data (city, country, state)||You|
The following sections provide additional information about how we collect your Personal Data.
We may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may email you about your use of the Service. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us, which helps us improve our Service. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please contact us at [email protected].
We use the following types of Cookies:
- Performance/Analytical Cookies. Performance/Analytical Cookies allow us to understand how visitors use our Service such as by collecting information about the number of visitors to the Service, what pages visitors view on our Service and how long visitors are viewing pages on the Service.
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies through your internet browser’s settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new Cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all Cookies that are already on your computer. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site, and this may cause some services and functionalities to not work.
To explore what Cookie settings are available to you, look in the “preferences” or “options” section of your browser’s menu. To find out more information about Cookies, including information about how to manage and delete Cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We process Personal Data to operate, improve, understand, and personalize our Service. We use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To meet or fulfill the reason you provided the information to us.
- To communicate with you about the Service, including Service announcements, updates or offers.
- To provide support and assistance for the Service.
- To create and manage your Account or other user profiles.
- To personalize your experience, website content and communications based on your preferences, including targeted offers and ads served through the Service.
- To respond to user inquiries and fulfill user requests.
- To market, improve, and develop the Service, including testing, research, analysis, and product development (including creation, enhancement, and distribution of Profiles).
- To protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions and maintain the safety, security and integrity of our Service.
- To comply with our legal or contractual obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our contracts.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- For any other business purpose stated when collecting your Personal Data or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”).
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Data or use the Personal Data we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
How We Share Your Personal Data
Disclosures of Personal Data for a Business Purpose
We disclose your Personal Data to service providers and other parties for the following business purposes:
- Performing services on our behalf, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider.
- Auditing related to a current interaction and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use of Personal Data that is not used by another party to build a consumer profile or otherwise alter your consumer experience outside the current interaction.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that we own, manufacture, was manufactured for us, or we control.
We disclose your Personal Data to the following categories of service providers and other parties:
Service providers, including:
- Subscription management providers and payment processors
- Security and fraud prevention consultants
- Hosting and other technology and communications providers
- Analytics providers
- Customer relationship management and customer support providers
- Ad networks
- Parties who acquire your Personal Data through an acquisition or other change of control.
- Personal Data may be transferred to a third party if we undergo a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other transaction in which that third party assumes control of our business (in whole or in part)
- Other parties at your direction.
- Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the Service)
- Social media services (if you intentionally interact with them through your use of the Service)
- Third-party business partners who you access through the Service
- Other parties authorized by you
- Business partners
- In some cases, we may disclose information about your use of the Service to your employer or other users within your organization
- Over the past twelve months, we have not disclosed your Personal Data to service providers or other parties for any purpose.
Sale of Personal Data
As defined in the CCPA, we do not sell your personal data.
Data Security and Retention
We seek to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use and disclosure using appropriate physical, technical, organizational and administrative security measures based on the type of Personal Data and how we are processing that data, including but not limited to:
- The Terakeet website and Service both use a secure sockets layer (“SSL”) (https).
- Account passwords are hashed when stored in our database.
- Terakeet employees are issued their own unique corporate login account which is used for Single Sign-On (SSO), created with strong passwords, and implements Two-Factor Authentication (“2FA”) and Multi-Factor Authentication (“MFA”); all physical devices accessing Terakeet data have screen locking turn-on by default.
- Access to Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) and payment processors is limited on a need to know basis and requires 2FA.
- Terakeet VPN and privacy screens provide physical security while working remotely
You should also help protect your data by appropriately selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism; limiting access to your computer or device and browser; and signing off after you have finished accessing your account. Although we work to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Data that we hold in our records, no security system is impenetrable, and unanticipated system failures or the efforts of malicious actors are an unfortunate reality on the Internet. Therefore, Terakeet cannot guarantee that Personal Data during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide the Service. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
Personal Data of Children
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from children under 16. If you are a child under 16, please do not attempt to register for or otherwise use the Service or send us any Personal Data. If we learn we have collected Personal Data from a child under 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Personal Data, please contact us at [email protected].
California Resident Rights
You have the right to request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data by emailing pri[email protected] or submitting a request using this form.
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Data that we have collected from you. Under the CCPA, this right is subject to certain exceptions: for example, we may need to retain your Personal Data to provide you with the Service or complete a transaction or other action you have requested. If your deletion request is subject to one of these exceptions, we may deny your deletion request.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the rights described above, you must send us a request that (1) provides sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected Personal Data, and (2) describes your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Each request that meets both of these criteria will be considered a “Valid Request.” We may not respond to requests that do not meet these criteria. We will only use Personal Data provided in a Valid Request to verify you and complete your request. You do not need an account to submit a Valid Request.
We will work to respond to your Valid Request within 45 days of receipt. We will not charge you a fee for making a Valid Request unless your Valid Request(s) is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that your Valid Request warrants a fee, we will notify you of the fee and explain that decision before completing your request.
You may submit a Valid Request using the following method(s):
Emailing us at: [email protected].
Personal Data Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In
Terakeet does not sell your data. If it does, Terakeet will provide an opportunity for you to opt-out of such sale.
Once you have submitted an opt-out request, we will not ask you to reauthorize the sale of your Personal Data for at least 12 months. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to Personal Data sales at any time by creating a new profile for yourself.
We Will Not Discriminate Against You for Exercising Your Rights Under the CCPA
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. We will not deny you our goods or services, charge you different prices or rates, or provide you a lower quality of goods and services if you exercise your rights under the CCPA. However, we may have different tiers of services as allowed by applicable data protection laws (including the CCPA) with varying prices, rates, or levels of quality of the goods or services you receive related to the value of Personal Data that we receive from you.
Nevada Resident Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Data to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Data. You can exercise this right by contacting us at [email protected] with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account.
GDPR Privacy Notice
European Union Data Subject Rights
If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) or the United Kingdom General Data Protection Regulation (UK-GDPR) with respect to your Personal Data, as outlined below.
For this GDPR Privacy Notice, we use the terms “Personal Data” and “processing” as they are defined in the European Privacy Laws, but “Personal Data” generally means information that can be used to individually identify a person, and “processing” generally covers actions that can be performed in connection with data such as collection, use, storage and disclosure. Terakeet will be the controller of your Personal Data processed in connection with the Service. For purposes of this GDPR Privacy Notice, “Personal Data” includes (but is not limited to) Profile data, as defined above.
|Category of Data||Source of Data||Purpose of Processing||Grounds for Processing (e.g. contractual necessity, legitimate interest, consent)||Specific Legitimate Interest (if applicable)|
|Customer Account Data (e.g. first last name, email, IP address)||Data Subject||Analytics||Legitimate Interest||Monitoring and conducting analytics on website & app use, pages/links clicked, traffic demographics, patterns of navigation, on potential security/spam breach, on performance issues, etc.|
|Customer Account Data (e.g. first last name, email, company)||Data Subject||Customer Success Communication||Legitimate Interest||Personalized service and communications related to the customer’s use of the product.|
|Customer Account Data||Data Subject||Marketing Campaign (email, list creation)||Legitimate Interest||Personalization, market research or direct marketing.|
|Customer Account Data (e.g. first last name, device type, browser)||Data Subject||Product Development||Legitimate Interest||Improving performance, troubleshooting bugs, other internal development needs.|
|Customer Account Data (e.g. first last name, email, company)||Data Subject||Sales Communication||Legitimate Interest||Targeted advertisement or direct marketing.|
|Customer Account Data (e.g. first last name, email)||Data Subject||Using Terakeet Products||Contractual Necessity||Contractual Necessity.|
|User Session Data (e.g. utms, logged in, xsrf token)||Data Subject||Using Terakeet Products||Legitimate Interest||Maintain logged-in state during a single browsing session. Maintain their logged in state across browsing sessions. Enable users to log back in when a new session is started. Prevent cross-site request forgery attacks. Product feature rollout, conducting analysis. Ad performance and conversion tracking. Personalization of Web Content|
How and With Whom Do We Share Your Data?
- Payment processors
- Fraud prevention service providers
- Analytics service providers
- Staff augmentation and contract personnel
- Hosting service providers
- Co-location service providers
- Marketing service providers
- Product development service providers
- Customer success providers
We also share Personal Data when necessary to complete a transaction initiated or authorized by you or provide you with a product or service you have requested. In addition to those set forth above, these parties also include:
- Third party business partners who you access through the Service
We also share Personal Data when we believe it is necessary to:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including requests from law enforcement or other government agencies
- Protect us, our business or our users, for example to enforce our contracts, prevent spam or other unwanted communications and investigate or protect against fraud
- Maintain the security of our products and services
We also share information with third parties when you give us consent to do so.
Last, if we choose to buy or sell assets, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party, and we would share Personal Data with the party that is acquiring our assets. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Data?
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide you with the Service. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
What Rights Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Data?
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email [email protected]. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data by emailing [email protected].
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly by emailing [email protected].
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Service.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes, such as for direct marketing purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about Terakeet’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
Transfers of Personal Data: The Service is hosted and operated in the United States (“U.S.”) through Terakeet and its service providers, and if you do not reside in the U.S., laws in the U.S. may differ from the laws where you reside. By using the Service, you acknowledge that any Personal Data about you, regardless of whether provided by you or obtained from a third party, is being provided to Terakeet in the U.S. and will be hosted on U.S. servers, and you authorize Terakeet to transfer, store and process your information to and in the U.S., and possibly other countries. You hereby consent to the transfer of your data to the U.S.
Physical Address: 333 West Washington Street, Suite 610, Syracuse, New York 13202